Visa Requirements I

Visa Requirements I

วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 16 มี.ค. 2563

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 30 พ.ย. 2565

| 24,054 view

Visa requirements

Holders of passports of the countries in the list below are advised to apply for visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their respective countries if they do not reside in or are temporary visitors to Malaysia.
Visa application 
Monday - Friday from 09.00 to 11.00 hrs.
Visa collection
Monday - Friday from 14.00 to 16.00 hrs. 

Afghanistan* Algeria Angola
Bangladesh Benin Botswana
Burkina Faso Burundi Cameroon
Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad
China Comoros Congo, DR
Congo, R Cote d’Ivoire Djibouti
Egypt Equatorial Guinea Eritrea
Ethiopia Gabon Gambia
Ghana Guinea Guinea-Bissau
India Iran Iraq*
Kenya Lebanon Lesotho
Liberia Libya Madagascar
Malawi Mali Mauritius
Mozambique Namibia Nepal
Niger Nigeria North Korea*
Pakistan Palestine Rwanda
Sao Tome and Principe Senegal Seychelles
Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa
South Sudan Sri Lanka Sudan 
Swaziland Syria Tanzania
Togo Uganda Yemen
Zambia Zimbabwe  

If they wish, they can apply for visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur. However, at least 4 weeks must be allowed for the visa applications to be processed. 

*Visa for citizens of Afghanistan, Iraq and North Korea will need at least 4 weeks to be processed even if they reside in Malaysia.

Visitors to Thailand require different types of visa for different purposes of visit. Please click on your applicable type of visa below for visa application form and more details on required documents.

Types of Visa

1. TOURIST VISA (TR) - For tourism purpose

2. TRANSIT VISA (TS) - To transit through Thailand to another country

3. VISA FOR PARTICIPANT IN SPORT COMPETITION (TS) - To participate in sport events in Thailand

4. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (B) FOR BUSINESS PURPOSE - To engage in business-related activities in Thailand

5. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (B) FOR EMPLOYMENT - To be employed in Thailand

6. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (B) FOR EMPLOYMENT AS TEACHER - To be employed as teacher in Thailand

To attend non-business conference/meeting in Thailand

8. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (ED) FOR EDUCATION - To study or take academic course in Thailand

9. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (ED) FOR UNPAID INTERNSHIP AND TRAINING - To participate in unpaid internship, workshop or training in Thailand

10. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (O) FOR VOLUNTEER - To engage in volunteer works in Thailand*
*see also remarks (2) below

11. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (O-A) FOR LONG STAY - To stay in Thailand for a long period

12. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (O) FOR DEPENDANT - For dependant of the main visa applicant or foreign spouse/ children of a Thai citizen


14. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (F) FOR OFFICIAL VISIT BY ORDINARY PASSPORT HOLDER - To attend event hosted by an authority in Thailand

15. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (M) FOR MEDIA AND FILMING - To cover the news or to shoot films/ documentaries/ commercials in Thailand

16. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (RS) FOR RESEARCH AND SCIENCE - To engage in research and science activities in Thailand

17. SMART VISA PROGRAMME - For foreign experts, executives, entrepreneurs and investors who wish to work or to invest in Thailand in targeted industries

To ensure that clear and precise information is given, visa enquiry can only be made through
E-mail at 
[email protected]

* Remarks

1. Kindly note that a single-entry Non-Immigrant visa allows travellers to stay in Thailand for up to 90 days only. If you which to stay longer, an application of Extension of Stay permit can be submitted at the Thai Immigration Office. Applying for one after another Non-Immigrant visa is not an alternative to obtaining the Extension of Stay and therefore be denied by the Embassy.
2. Non-Immigrant visa (O) for Volunteer allows the visa applicants to stay as a volunteer in Thailand for up to 90 days only. The Thai Immigration office may not grant the extension of stay if there is no work permit provided. Each applicant who re-submit the application for Non-Immigrant visa (O) for Volunteer at the Embassy must also submit a letter certifying his/her volunteering status from relevant Thai Government Agency (equivalent to the department level) which related to or regulate the foundation/organization.